Trust Finance Officer
The Trust wishes to appoint a Trust Finance Officer to join the central finance and administration team. This role will play a fundamental part in the Trust’s growth and development.
Duties will include:
– Assisting in the preparation of; management accounts, annual budgets, year-end accounts and financial returns to government departments
– Reconciling bank, payroll, VAT, purchase and sales ledger
– Preparing and submitting the VAT return for within prescribed timescales
– Undertaking appropriate quality assurance checks
– Preparing weekly BACs payment run
– Entering Central purchase orders, purchase and sales invoices
– Preparing variance analysis reports covering income, payroll and expenditure
You must have an excellent understanding of financial management. You will be a part qualified accountant or a fully qualified AAT with recent relevant experience in a similar role using accounting software. You will have a good working knowledge of VAT. Experience of academy/school finances and of using PS Financials accounting software and BPS budgeting software is highly desirable. It would also be desirable if you had a good understanding of ESFA Financial Handbook.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a high quality team committed to developing the Trust and educational standards and opportunities for young people both in the local community and nationally. We have an incredibly strong inclusive ethos and are fully committed to your ongoing professional development.
Visits to the Trust are encouraged and can be arranged from w/c 03 September 2018.
For more information contact Emma Chawner, Trust Business and Resource Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01642 221156